Click image to view larger size
1. Slice mango into thin 7 cm rounds, chop sugar snaps, chop coriander and mint.
2. Using a spiralizer or food processor peeler, make courgette noodles and cucumber ribbons.
3. To make the dressing, mix the lime juice, honey and salt.
4. Toss together courgette noodles, the sugar snaps and the fresh herbs and mix in the dressing. Assemble by placing a mango slice on the base of a 7 cm ring, then add the salad mixture pushing down to compact it, followed by another mango slice.
5. Remove the ring and top with cucumber and toasted sesame seeds.
To serve the stylish way: Garnish with slices of lime and a dusting of black pepper.
cook: Side dish
Mango & Toasted Sesame Seed Salad
This is a sophisticated salad that is ideal for as a light starter or side dish with meat or fish. It needs to be made into individual portions and plated but all the preparation of the ingredients and dressing can be made in advance.
The best way to toast sesame seeds is to place them on an oven tray at 200 C/400F for about 10 minutes. Keep an eye on them as you do not want them to burn!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: No cooking
Serves: 4 people
2 mangoes –peeled
1 large courgette
150g sugar snaps
Bunch fresh coriander
Bunch fresh mint
2 tablespoons sesame seeds – roasted
1 teaspoon honey
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil Salt and freshly ground black pepper – to taste