Click image to view larger size
1) Mix the red cabbage and carrots together. Stir in the beans spouts, sliced radishes, spring onions and orange peppers.
2) Heat the oil in a deep frying pan or wok. When the oil is hot add the noodles in batches. Remove the fried noodles as they cook, using a slotted spoon and drain on absorbent kitchen paper. Transfer the noodles to a bowl.
3) Fry the sesame seeds in a dry frying pan. This takes about 1- 2 minutes and they will burn quickly so keep an eye on them. Remove from pan and transfer to a dish. Set aside.
4) Mix all the dressing ingredients together.
5) Dress the salad and toss with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
6) Just before serving add the crispy noodles.
To serve the stylish way: Garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
cook: Side dish
Crispy Noodle Salad
I am created this recipe whilst planning dishes for an oriental buffet. No buffet is complete without coleslaw or a similar dressed shredded salad. This is the oriental variation – using an Eastern dressing instead of mayonnaise and with a delicious crunchy topping. Garnish at the last minute to maintain the crispness of the noodles. Once again, this is quick and easy to make with a very impressive end result.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 6 people
350g red cabbage - shredded
250g fresh bean spouts
4 carrots- peeled and shredded
12 radishes, sliced
12 spring onions – trimmed and chopped
2 orange peppers- deseeded and chopped
100g stir fry noodles
1 litre groundnut or sunflower oil – for frying
For The Dressing
6 tablespoons duck sauce
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar, cider or white vinegar may be substituted
2 tablespoons vegetable or sesame oil
Salt and pepper
Garnish: 6 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds