Click image to view larger size
1. Preheat the oven to 200 C/ 400 F/ Gas mark 6.
2. Place the cashew nuts in a single layer on a baking tray and roast for 10 minutes or until golden.
3. Transfer the roasted cashew nuts to a food processor/blender and pulse until crumbly, you want there still to be a few bigger chunks to give the bites some nice texture.
4. Add dates and pulse until the mixture starts to come together into a sticky “dough”.
5. Add vanilla extract, lemon zest, cinnamon and salt flakes and pulse again until combined.
6. Add dried cranberries and about 1 tablespoon water and pulse until just combined.
7. Using your hands, roll approximately 1 heaped teaspoon of dough into little bite size balls.
8. Refrigerate or enjoy at leisure.
cook: Side dish
Cashew Nut and Cranberry Bites
These are gluten free lemon spiked small bites of goodness! They require only 10 minutes cooking and can be made in about 15 minutes. A snack that is sweetened with the natural sugar of the dates.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Makes: About 30
200g cashews - use raw unsalted
6 medjool dates, pits removed
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of finely grated lemon zest
1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
A pinch of salt flakes
2 tablespoons dried cranberry, roughly chopped