Click image to view larger size
1) Remove the avocado from the shell and mash together with the chopped chilli, coriander and lime juice. Season. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
2) Heat a large frying pan with the vegetable oil. Sauté the onions with the brown sugar for about 20 minutes on a medium heat. Cover and cook until the onions have caramelised and turned golden.
3) Pre heat the oven to 220 C/ 425F/ Gas mark 7.
4) Place the tortillas on a baking tray with 3 slices of the cracked black pepper Chevington cheese and cook for 8 -10 minutes or until golden and crispy.
5) Remove and then put the cooked onions on top of the cheese.
6) Add the avocado mixture to the tortilla. Roll up and squeeze together.
Serve immediately with lime wedges.
cook: Side dish
Caramelised Onion, Avocado and Black Pepper Cheese Tortilla
Chevingtons sliced cracked black pepper cheese is just perfect for this recipe giving a slight piquant flavour to this Mexican snack, picnic or light lunch. Enjoy this sliced cracked black pepper cheese crumbled over large mushrooms and grilled, include in savoury biscuits recipes, melt over bruschetta with cherry tomatoes, stir into hot pasta or risotto.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
1 avocado – stoned removed
½ red chilli – very finely chopped
2 tablespoons coriander – roughly chopped
1 teaspoon lime juice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
6 onions – peeled and sliced
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 wholemeal tortillas
1 packet 120g cracked black pepper Chevingtons mild cheddar cheese
Garnish: 1 lime cut into wedges