Click image to view larger size
1) Preheat oven to 200 C/ 400°F/ Gas mark 6. Roast cashew nuts for 10 minutes or until golden. – Set aside.
3) Bake potatoes for 1 hour on baking sheet, or until tender. Cool 5- 10 minutes, or until easy to handle.
4) Blend cashews with coconut oil and lemon juice in food processor until smooth. Transfer to large bowl.
5) Slice off top one-third of each potato lengthwise, and discard top skin.
6) Scoop potato flesh into cashew mixture, removing as much flesh from potato skin as possible without misshaping potato. Repeat with remaining potatoes.
7) Mix well to incorporate cashew mixture into potato flesh while leaving some texture. Add chives, parsley, and hemp seeds. Stuff mixture back into potato skins.
8. Place potatoes on baking sheet, and bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until tops are golden.
Serve garnished with chives, parsley, and hemp seeds.
cook: Main course
Cashew Nut and Hemp Seed Stuffed Potatoes
This scrumptious potato recipe offers a crisp crust and a creamy interior that’s packed with flavour. They can easily be wrapped and reheated in the oven later in the week for a make-ahead meal.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes plus 10 minutes cooling time
Cooking Time:1 hour 20 minutes
150g raw cashews -roasted
4 large baking potatoes, scrubbed and pierced
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
20g finely chopped fresh chives, finely chopped
20g finely chopped fresh parsley, finely chopped
50g hemp seeds
Garnish: 1 tablespoon chopped chives, 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, 2 tablespoons hemp seeds