Making the almond paste
1) Combine all the ingredients for the almond paste in a food processor and combine until smooth.Making the pastry
1) Combine the flour and salt.
2) Place all the ingredients into a food processor and combine adding enough cold water (approximately 3 teaspoons) to form a soft dough.
3) Remove from the food processor and knead the dough briefly until elastic.
4) Cut the dough into 3. Then on a floured work surface, roll the dough pieces out into long thin rectangles. Cut into strips 3 cm (1 &ldquo
5) Gently mould a cylinder shape of almond paste along the length of each strip of pastry.
6) Dampen the other side of the pastry strip with egg white and fold the strip to enclose the almond paste and press all around the filling to seal.
7) Cut the filled cylinder of pastry into 7 cm (3 &ldquo
strips. Curl into crescents resembling horns.
8) Place on a tray lined with baking parchment paper; brush the pastries with a mixture of egg yolk and a ½ teaspoon of water.
9) Bake in a 180°C (350°F) oven for about 20 minutes or until lightly golden;
10 ) Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
To serve the stylish way: Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze.