Click image to view larger size
1) Grease and line a 20 x 30 cm baking tin with baking parchment paper – ( or foil container)
2) Pre heat the oven to 180 C/ 160 F/ gas mark 4.
3) Tip the figs, dates, apricots, matzah meal, sultanas, coconut and half of the mixed seeds into a bowl and mix well.
4) Melt the margarine with the honey and brown sugar in a pan over a low heat. Stir until smooth.
5) Pour over the fruit and nut mixture and combine well.
6) Transfer to the prepared baking tin and press the mixture down smoothing level.
7) Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
8) Whilst still hot, brush the top of the flapjacks with remaining honey and scatter with the grated chocolate followed by the remaining seeds, pistachio nuts and cranberries.
9) Gently press the toppings into the chocolate.
10) Leave to set before cutting into squares.
Fig, Date and Apricot Passover Flapjacks
These deluxe flapjacks, crammed with fruit, seeds and nuts are truly amazing. Topped with some melted chocolate for the final element of indulgence – they are a must on your ‘passover treats’ to bake!
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Makes about: 20 squares
1 tablespoon – vegetable oil – to grease baking tin
100g chopped figs – chopped
75g chopped dried dates
100g ready to eat apricots – chopped
250g medium matzah meal
50g desiccated coconut
100g mixed seeds – sunflower, pumpkin and sesame – divide in half
150g brown sugar
1 tablespoon honey
70g dark chocolate – coarsely grated
50g shelled pistachio nuts
50g dried cranberries