Click image to view larger size
1. Preheat oven to 220 C/ 425F.
2. Lightly oil muffin baking tray with cooking spray and set aside.
3. Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar together on medium speed.
4. Mix in the egg, vanilla extract, and milk. Gently stir in flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Do not overmix.
5. Spoon 1 heaped tablespoon of batter into the baking tray. Layer with 1 teaspoon Nutella in the centre and spoon another heaped tablespoon of batter on top.
6. Repeat layering batter and nutella into each duffin tin.
7. Bake at 220 C for 5 minutes.
8. Keeping the duffins in the oven, reduce temperature to 180C/ 350F/ GM 4. and bake for an additional 13-17 minutes until batter is set.
9. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
10. In a separate small bowl, stir together the sugar and cinnamon. Dip the top of each duffin into the melted butter and dip into the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
11. Swirl them around in the cinnamon-sugar a bit to make sure you get a thick coating.
12. Set upright on cooling rack.
Duffins are a cross between a donut and a muffin producing a cakey like donut coated with cinnamon sugar.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
75g unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
100g caster sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
120ml milk /soya
190g plain white flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 teaspoons Nutella
45g unsalted butter - melted
50g granulated sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon