Click image to view larger size
1. Line a 22 cm / 9 inch springform tin with baking parchment paper.
2. Melt the margarine in the microwave or saucepan. Place the digestive biscuits and mint chocolates in a food processor and whizz together. Stir in the melted margarine.
3. Pre-heat the oven to 170 F/ 325 C/ Gas mark 3.
4. Add the digestive mixture to the cake tin and cover the bottom, pressing firm so the base is even and compressed. Leave to one side.
5. In a large bowl whisk the Chevingtons medium fat soft cheese, eggs, icing sugar and bittermint chocolates. Stir until the mixture is well combined.
6. Add the cheese mixture to the tin, making sure the top is even.
7. Place in the pre-heated oven and bake for 35 minutes or until set. Remove gently.
8. Mix the sour cream and caster sugar together. Pour this over the top of the cooked cheese cake. Return to the oven for 15 minutes.
9. Turn the oven temperature off and leave to cool in the oven for 2 hours or until completely cool.
To serve the stylish way: Decorate with chocolate mint crisps.
Chevingtons Mint Choc Cheesecake
This is one of those recipes that has the wow factor to satisfy both chocoholic and cheese cake fans as it combines these two magical ingredients together. Chevingtons medium fat cheese is perfect for this recipe as it has the most amazing smooth creamy texture.
Cheesecake is believed to have originated during the times of the Ancient Greeks where it was served to the athletes during the Olympic games back in 776 BCE ~ and it is still as popular as ever!
For the base:
16 Plain digestives biscuits
3 bittermint chocolates
750g Chevingtons Meduim fat soft cheese
120g icing sugar
4 bittermints chocolates – roughly chopped
450ml sour cream (3 small cartons)
2 tablespoons caster sugar
To Decorate: 12 chocolate mint crisps