Click image to view larger size
1) Preheat the oven to 180 C/ 350 F/ Gas mark 4.
2) Arrange the apples cut side up in a shallow ovenware dish.
3) Divide the raisins among the apples, pressing them into the core cavity.
4) Drizzle with 2 tablespoons honey and add the apple juice or water to the base of the dish.
5) Put the maztah meal, coconut and margarine in a small bowl and rub together until the mixture is well combined.
6) Stir in the sunflower seeds and walnuts. Spoon topping over the apples and drizzle over the remaining honey.
7) Cook in the preheated oven for 20 – 25 minutes until the topping is golden and the apples are soft.
Serve with ice cream or sorbet.
Baked Apples with Crunchy Coconut Topping
Baked apples of all description are a popular family favourite. This Pesach friendly version is ideal for Seder night as it can be made in advance and enjoyed hot, cold or warm.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 4 people
4 large eating apples – halved and cored
4 tablespoons honey
75ml apple juice or water
50g medium matzah meal
50g desiccated coconut
2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
2 tablespoons walnuts – roughly chopped